Thursday, May 7, 2020

The cockpit tour

This part describes the cockpit of my LT.  I put here two pictures, the other one containing numbers which I try to explain in more details.

I apologize for the messy background and dirty windshield, I just went in my garage and took the picture...



And here is the same one with some reference numbers:



At first we go through the extra gauges:
1. Voltmeter
2. Manifold vacuum meter
3. Final drive oil temperature
4. Engine oil temperature
5. Engine oil pressure
6. Amper meter

Then the other gadgets:

7. Display screen 5,5". This can show a view of one of the rearview cameras or monitor view of one of the two Go-Pro cameras. One on top of the helmet and other one in three variable locations on the bike. 
8. SmarTire tire pressure and temperature display. This will be replaced with another system as both wheel sensors are dead after 14 years and 190.000 km plus SmarTire has discontinued the supply of motorcycle wheel sensors.
9. Various switches for: radar detector, slave relay for trailer connector, trailer auxliary power, 5V feed for backrest adjuster, gauge lights, display monitor, USB connectors for Go-Pro remote controls, Baehr intercom main power, luggage rack extra leds, etc etc
10. Indicator lights for: brake lights, passenger seat heater, auxiliary power disconnetced, fuel pump grounding off, trunk lid open warning light
11. Heat-Troller  (rheostat) for rider Gerbing jacket
12. Heat-Troller for rider Gerbing pants
13. Heat-Troller for rider Gerbing boot soles
14. Switch for choosing input for the display monitor (Go-Pros, reverse cameras)
15. Output socket for rider heated pants
16. Output socket for rider heated jacket
17. Output socket for rider heated boots.
18. Output socket for rider helmet communication Baehr cable
19. Switch to turn on all auxiliary gadgets
20. Four-way swith for raising / lowering seat and adjusting the Bak-Up backrest
21. Switches for choosing what rearview picture is shown on the screen, daylight running lights, 2 spare ones...
22. Switches for the main lights, auxiliary driving lights, fog lights front, fog lights rear, undercarriage lights, reversing buzzer
23. Heat-Troller (rheostat) for rider seat heater
24. Heat-Troller (rheostat) for the handlebars
25. Bike Go-Pro camera remote control
26. Helmet Go-Pro camera remote control
27. iPhone X-holder
28. Display for reversing sensors
29. Up / down adjustment for the bike high beam
30. Up / down adjustment for the bike low beam
31. Telescopic highway handle
32. Microphone for listening people who are watching / fiddling / trying to steal the bike. The bike has a Tramigo satellite based vehicle tracker that hooks up to my cell phone and the bike can also be shut off through one SMS in case somebody decides to steal it...;-)
33. Booby trap cables for protecting the tank bag from being stolen. If either one of the 3,5 mm jacks is being pulled off, the bike alarm goes off.
34. The OEM grip heater swith turns on the headlight flashers. Helpful when splitting the lanes as the car drivers will wake up and give way...;-)


5 comments:

  1. Hello Im Floyd and I was wondering what material did you used for the making of the cockpit to hold all of those gages , and can you remanufacture it and ship it too me for a price ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Floyd, I will add a bunch of pictures and text about making the dash but this will take a day or two as I'm currently finishing the story about my ethanol conversion and I want to have that done first. The dash that I have is currently my version 5 and unfortunately I have given my previous versions away. But if you can work with fibreglass and putty it is really not that complicated, you will see when I have my story here on the blog. If you have any more questions, you can email me ari.ignatius@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. You sir are the True Farkle Master!
    Kirk Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kirk! Thanks for the nomination ;-) I just recently found your very informative (and entertaining) videos of the various LT maintenance projects. Very well done and I not having English as my mother tongue especially appreciate your clear way of speaking. Keep up the good work!
      And BTW, I fully agree to your comment on your "Farkle master class" comments. "I do not want to work on that one!" Luckily I have each and every one of my hundreds of extra wires coded and marked and documented in both an Excel file as well as drawn in AutoCad schematics. My first markings were in English but then I switched to Finnish as I figured the next owner (if any) would have more pleasure of Finnish documentation than English. So your biggest headache would just be the wrong language, everything else is pretty clear...;-)

      Delete
  3. We are not worthy. I kneel to your mighty farkleness.

    ReplyDelete