Friday, May 15, 2020

Ari's special bottle holders

The bottle holders seem to be a popular question among LT riders. Is the BMW holder the only solution being quite expensive and limits your other possible gadgets on the handlebars?

I figured no.

Here is one of my two bottle holders that I built back in 2005 and since then they have been hanging on for over 200.000 km. Including a trip through Canada and US in 2006. finnstoccr.blogspot.com

I started from a simple cup holder originally designed for cars. To be hung on the side window frame.

I trimmed it by cutting off extra plastic and then reshaping it with heat gun. My first version was simply held in place with Velcro.

But after dropping a few bottles I decided that let's fix it in place with a better system. So I found these stainless steel buttons that are made for holding boat canvas in places. So locate your nearest boating store and you are good. They have different counter / base pieces. I used the kind that needs two screws to fasten but there are also ones that only require one hole to be drilled. (I only found them afterwards...damn.)


Here is the base piece in place. Sit on the bike and locate the place where your holder will not interfere with you knees.

Here is holder in place. 


And here are both of them in place with Thermos bottles.

And one for the pillion as well.

1 comment: